Self-referral for parents
Phoenix welcomes schools providing our self-referral information for parents and carers who may seeking emotional support for their child and either do not wish to access therapy services via the school or are not eligible for CAMHS services through the statutory routes .
School Based Services
Phoenix offers an in-schools counselling service for all ages, as well special needs provision.
The service is designed to meet each individual schools requirement. This may include a combination of services such as:
- Individual one to one play therapy or counselling depending on the age group.
- Therapeutic focused groups: 6 weekly sessions for children and young people that focus on different topics such as self-esteem, bullying, social skills building, confidence and healthy relationships.
- Parenting/carer support groups focus on managing behaviour and difficulties that their child may be facing and exploring awareness and different ways of supporting their child.
- Whole school reflective practice approach that offers all school staff a space to explore challenges of working with parents and children who have a range of behavioural and emotional issues that are causing concern in relation to their educational and social needs.
- Training seminars on issues that impact on a child’s ability to focus within a school setting, how to identify the warning signs for emotional issues such anxiety, self-harm, depression, trauma, child experience of abuse, impact of loss and young carers.
- Circle Time to enable children to develop interpersonal skills, strengthen relationships and enhance self-confidence.
- Mindfulness groups for children and teachers.
- Transition therapeutic groups for children moving in between school years or schools
The cost of providing counselling services for a school will depend on the individual needs and if you would like further details please contact Fran Halford on 0208 890 3133