If you have little or no knowledge of counselling, this course will give you insight into the nature of counselling work and help you to decide whether you want to proceed with further counselling skills training.
What you will study
- Introduction to counselling
- Listening and communication skills
- Professional context and relationships
- Personal development
Assessment will be through weekly reflective journals and skills assessments.
- You must be 19 or over
- Experience of working with others in any capacity including children
- Any previous counselling experience or psychology qualifications obtained (but not essential at this level)
- A telephone or one-to-one interview is required
We offer a number of attendance options for you to choose from so that you can fit your studying around work and other commitments. These are:
- 4 days (once a month)
- 10 mornings (10am to 1pm)
- 10 evenings (6pm to 9pm)
- 2 weekends (one per month)